1/15/10

Hearts for Haiti

Hi there,
I know everyone is busy, but most of us are mothers and naturally have a soft spot for orphans. My former Department Chair (French teacher) has been traveling to Haiti each January for 15+ years and was there for the earthquake. In the last email we received, she said that the orphanage where she works while in Haiti was demolished. They are sleeping out in the open and blankets was one of the top things on the list.
I am trying to organize some charity quilts for the children in Haiti. I tried to find something online that was organized and could not locate something already started by the quilt blogging community. If you are interested let me know. Might be a good way to use up some of your wanted/unwanted stash. We are trying to incorporate a heart somewhere in each quilt.
I came up with this Hearts for Haiti title and am trying to have things ready to go from now until Valentine's Day. I will be posting more info on my blog if you think you might be interested.
~Donna

3 comments:

  1. What a great theme! I'm definitely interested. I will make the time. I'd love to help in any way I can. What do you need help with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great idea. Keep me on a list and I will check back here for more info. I will plan to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happened across your blog...are you still working on quilts for Haiti?

    ReplyDelete