3/2/10

Houses

I love quilts with houses, so I am asking you to make an improved house or two. Do what you have time to do. I am sending you each an over sized fat quarter of blue fabric for you to use for the sky. If it is alright, I'm asking you to pull from your own stashes and scraps to make the house and ground. You can make the house look like your own house or a house from your imagination. Whatever. The houses can be any size/color/style you like. Put your own personality into it. Whatever blue fabric you don't use can be added to your own scraps. You can make the houses wonky or traditional or a combination. I want these houses to represent you. The blocks should be 12.5 inches. I know there are lots of house block patterns around the web if you want to use a pattern. In about 1 minute of searching I found a nice tutorial on flickr, and also a paper pieced house from block central.

These are two house blocks that I have made. (the block on the right is smaller. I accidentally trimmed it to 12 inches instead of 12.5 inches. I think I'll make it into a pillow to match the quilt.) I didn't use a pattern, I just kind of winged it. I didn't even draw it out on paper first. I just started with the door and went from there.



2 comments:

  1. I've seen so many cute house blocks around the web. It's going to be loads of fun to create our own!

    ReplyDelete